Exo-spin™ kits use a unique combination of precipitation and size-exclusion to purify exosomes. This economical approach yields unparalleled exosome yield and purity. Exosome precipitation solutions alone leave a large amount of non-exosomal proteins in samples. Exo-spin™ kits are suitable for the preparation of pure exosomes from a variety of biological fluids including blood plasma/sera, cell culture media, urine, saliva. Kits are available for 24 and 48 samples and in mini-spin column and midi drip-column sizes. Exo-spin™ kits offer excellent quality and value-for-money.
Exo-spin™ Exosome Purification Kit
- Ex01-8, Exo-spin™ kit, 8 columns / to process 100 ml total sample volume
- Ex01-25, Exo-spin™ kit, 24 columns / to process 480 ml total sample volume
- Ex01-25L, Exo-spin™ kit, 24 columns / to process 960 ml total sample volume
- Ex01-50L, Exo-spin™ kit, 48 columns / to process 960 ml total sample volume
Exo-spin™ Blood Exosome Purification Kit
- Ex02-8, Exo-spin™ blood kit, 8 columns / up to 0.5 ml sample per column
- Ex02-25, Exo-spin™ blood kit, 24 columns / up to 0.5 ml sample per column
- Ex02-50, Exo-spin™ kit, 48 columns / to process 960 ml total sample volume
- Ex03-8, Exo-spin™ Columns, pack of 8
- Ex03-25, Exo-spin™ Columns, pack of 24
- Ex03-50, Exo-spin™ Columns, pack of 48
Exo-spin™ Midi Columns
- Ex04-5, Exo-spin™ midi-columns, 5 per box
- Ex04-20, Exo-spin™ midi-columns, 20 per box
- Ex06-250, Exo-spin™ buffer, 250 ml
Exo-spin™ generates superior yields and higher quality whole exosomes using a combination of precipitant and size exclusion columns. No ultracentrifugation is required. No organic buffers are used and, unlike other commercially available isolation reagents, the precipitant is purified away.
Exo-spin™ kits are suitable for the preparation of pure, functional exosomes from a variety of biological fluids including cell culture media, urine and saliva, blood plasma and sera.
Exosomes purified using Exo-spin™ are suitable for a variety of downstream applications including RNA analysis, protein analysis and functional use.
The final step of Exo-spin™ uses size-exclusion and has been calibrated to purify particles in the range 30 – 400nm; the same size range achieved with ultracentrifugation. This range covers all commonly accepted definitions of exosome size. Exo-spin™ technology is superior to techniques which rely solely on precipitation which result in co-purification of large amounts of non-exosomal proteins and other material as well as carry over of the precipitant.
Exo-spin™ provides various configurations and options for use. The basic protocol requires precipitation followed by further purification by size exclusion column chromatography. In cases where exosome concentrations are high, the precipitation step may be omitted. Indeed, eliminating the precipitation step is essential for applications such as mass spec. which will not work in the presence of any precipitant. For blood samples, exosome concentrations are typically of the order of 1×1012 particles per ml and precipitation is therefore not usually required. Direct column purification of exosomes from blood samples, without the need for any precipitation, can rapidly be achieved using product EX03 (for samples up to 0.1 ml) and product EX04 (for samples up to 1 ml).
Cell culture typically yields of 1×109 particles or less. Use of cell culture devices such as the Integra CELLine flask can increase the concentration of exosome in the media by around 10-fold, obviating the need for precipitation. When processing of larger sample volumes is required, precipitation buffer concentrates exosomes prior to column purification. Use EX01 for cell culture, urine, saliva etc and EX02 for blood.
Whatever the sample and whatever the application, there’s an Exo-spin™ product for your needs. If you need any help selecting your product, please contact us and we’ll get straight back to you.
Simple, easy-to-follow two hour protocol.
(1) Remove cells and cellular debris. (2) Pellet microvesicle containing fraction.(3) Purify exosomes!
- Sci Rep. 2015 Jan 6;5:7639. doi: 10.1038/srep07639.
Analysis of exosome purification methods using a model liposome system and tunable-resistive pulse sensing.
Lane RE, Korbie D, Anderson W et al
- J Extracell Vesicles. 2015 Mar 26;4:27269. doi: 10.3402/jev.v4.27269. eCollection 2015.
Ready-made chromatography columns for extracellular vesicle isolation from plasma.
Welton JL, Webber JP, Botos LA et al.
- Cell Rep. 2016 Oct 11;17(3):799-808. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2016.09.031.
The RNA-Binding Protein SYNCRIP Is a Component of the Hepatocyte Exosomal Machinery Controlling MicroRNA Sorting.
Santangelo L, Giurato G, Cicchini C et al.