Post clean-up and concentration of small amounts of large DNA fragments
• Efficient post clean-up of large DNA fragments for successful downstream applications
• Recommended for small DNA quantities extracted from, e.g., forensic samples
• Unique XS spin column for low elution volume (> 6 µL) – highly concentrated DNA
• Easier and faster than microdialysis filtration units
• 20 min/6 preps – time-saving procedure
• Silica-membrane technology
• Ratio A260/A280= 1.8-1.9
• Elution volume= 6-10 ul
- Kit contents :
- NucleoSpin® gDNA Clean-up XS Columns, Collection Tubes (2 mL), buffers
- Reference numbers :
- 10 preps: 740904.10
- 50 preps: 740904.50
- 250 preps: 740904.250
- Clean-up and concentration of pre-purified DNA (organic extractions)
- Clean-up and concentration of DNA from enzymatic reactions
- Not recommended for gel or PCR clean-up! For this application, please use NucleoSpin® Gel and PCR Clean-up.
- Typical downstream applications: PCR, enzymatic reactions, Southern blotting, qPCR, STR amplification
The NucleoSpin® gDNA Clean-up XS procedure is the easiest and fastest way to clean up small amounts of pre-purified large-sized DNA and follows a simple bind-wash-elute procedure. The proven silica membrane technology is an effective alternative to the widely used concentrator columns Centricon® for cleaning and concentrating samples, which were extracted by standard “organic” methods. The NucleoSpin® gDNA Clean-up XS Column contains a unique silica membrane and allows smallest elution volumes, resulting in highly concentrated DNA for downstream qPCR quantifications or STR amplifications. Compared to ultrafiltration devices, NucleoSpin® gDNA Clean-up XS reduces sample preparation time (~ 15 min for NucleoSpin® gDNA Clean-up XS vs. > 1 h for centrifugation devices).
In the NucleoSpin® gDNA Clean-up XS procedure DNA binds to the silica membrane in the presence of a high concentration of chaotropic salt, using Buffer NT. Contaminations are removed in a single wash step with ethanolic buffer. Pure DNA is finally eluted under low ionic strength conditions with slightly alkaline Buffer BE (5 mM Tris/HCl, pH 8.5) or water.
- Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2011 Jun;5(3):226-30.
The NucleoSpin® DNA Clean-up XS kit for the concentration and purification of genomic DNA extracts: an alternative to microdialysis filtration.
Hudlow WR, Krieger R, Meusel M, Sehhat JC, Timken MD, Buoncristiani MR.
- Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2013 Jan;7(1):209-13.
PCR inhibitor removal using the NucleoSpin® DNA Clean-Up XS kit.
Faber KL1, Person EC, Hudlow WR.