NucleoSpin® RNA PlantCatalog No. 740949
Two-in-one kit for the isolation of small (e.g., miRNA) and large RNA from even very limited formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples
RNA from plant
Plant RNA mini spin kit – for all kinds of plant material
• Blue colored Paraffin Dissolver (patent pending) included – very easy and convenient paraffin removal
• Two alternative lysis buffers included – optimized lysis procedure
• rDNase included for on-column digestion – efficient removal of contaminating DNA
• NucleoSpin® Filters (shredders) included – efficient sample homogenization and reduction of viscosity
• Up to 70 μg ready-to-use RNA
• Parallel purification of genomic DNA possible by using the NucleoSpin® RNA/DNA Buffer Set
• Silica-membrane technology
• Sample material: < 100 mg tissue
• Typical yield: 3–70 µg (100 mg plant material)
• Ratio A260/A280: 1.9–2.1
- Kit contents :
- NucleoSpin® RNA Plant Columns with Collection Tubes, Collection Tubes (2 mL), Collection Tubes (1.5 mL), NucleoSpin® Filters, buffers, RNase-free rDNase
- Reference numbers :
- 10 preps: 740949.10
- 50 preps: 740949.50
- 250 preps: 740949.250
- RNA from plant cells and tissue
- RNA from filamentous fungi
- Typical downstream applications: real-time RT-PCR, gene expression profiling, Northern blotting, primer extension, array technology, RNase protection assays
NucleoSpin® RNA Plant is designed for isolation of DNA-free high-quality RNA from a wide variety of plant and fungal samples. The working procedure is similar to the NucleoSpin® RNA II method, removal of contaminating DNA is achieved by effective rDNase digest during the purification process.
The NucleoSpin® RNA Plant kit features 2 alternative lysis buffers: In most cases, use of Buffer RA1 is recommended for lysis due to its strong denaturing properties. The presence of peculiar metabolites in a variety of plant tissues or fungi, however, may lead to solidification of the lysate, resulting in a non-processible slurry. In such cases, the alternative Buffer RAP is the buffer of choice. For thorough homogenization and reduction of lysate viscosity, NucleoSpin® Filter Columns are also provided with the kit.
- Nat Commun. 2016 May 6;7:11362. doi: 10.1038/ncomms11362.
Survival trade-offs in plant roots during colonization by closely related beneficial and pathogenic fungi.
Hacquard S, Kracher B, Hiruma K