NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE XSCatalog No. 740969
Two-in-one kit for the isolation of small (e.g., miRNA) and large RNA from even very limited formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples
Total RNA from FFPE samples
Improved yield with a new lysis chemistryTwo-in-one kit for the isolation of small (e.g., miRNA) and large RNA from even very limited formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples
• Blue colored Paraffin Dissolver (patent pending) included – very easy and convenient paraffin removal
• rDNase included – efficient on-column DNA removal
• Higher sensitivity with concentrated RNA – elution volume as little as 5 µL
• High quality RNA for enhanced RT-PCR performance
• Silica-membrane technology
• Sample material: 1–3 sections (10 μm, up to 6 cm2 tissue area), < 5 mg of tissue
• Typical yield: Depending on amount and quality of the sample
- Kit contents :
- NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE XS Columns, Collection Tubes (2 mL), Collection Tubes (1.5 mL), Paraffin Dissolver, buffers, Proteinase K, RNase-free rDNasese
- Reference numbers :
- 10 preps: 740969.10
- 50 preps: 740969.50
- 250 preps: 740969.250
- Rapid isolation of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples, e.g., colon carcinoma (unstained), colon carcinoma (hematoxylin stained), colon mucosa, adenocarcinoma of colon transversum, liver (rat/human), liver carcinoma (hematoxylin stained), lymph node, spleen (rat/human), pancreas (rat/human; diabetic/non-diabetic), placenta
- Isolation of RNA from fresh and archived FFPE samples
- Isolation of RNA from specimen on object slides (stained or unstained)
- Typical downstream application: RT-PCR
The new NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE XS kit provide a convenient, efficient and fast method to isolate large and small RNA from very small and trace amount of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. In the first step paraffin is removed from sample with the patented, odorless and blue colored Paraffin Dissolver. The blue color visualizes the Paraffin Dissolver for an easy and convenient handling. The new chemistry combines the decrosslinking and the lysis in one step and provides reliable total RNA yields.
Optimal binding conditions for even small RNA (e.g., miRNA) are adjusted and the lysate is applied to the NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE XS Column. RNA is bound to the silica membrane. Residual DNA is removed by the convenient on-column rDNase digestion. The washing steps remove salts, metabolites, and macromolecular cellular components. Total RNA is finally eluted in a very small elution volume of 5-30 µL resulting in a very high concentrated RNA sample from very little amount of samples. Thus, enables high efficiency in the downstream application.
Higher concentration of total RNA obtained from XS columns for efficient sensitivity in qRT-PCR from very small FFPE sample amounts
Trace amount of FFPE samples (1 x 15 μm mouse spleen and 1 x 10 μm mouse heart) were used for the isolation of mRNA and miRNA with NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE and NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE XS. The elution was performed with 50 μL (Mini spin column) and with 20 μL (XS column). mRNA and miRNA purified with the XS column show a higher concentrated eluate resulting in at least one lower cycle of CT value. When using standard FFPE sample amounts the use of the NucleoSpin® totalRNA FFPE with the Mini spin column is recommended due to possible column overloading.
- J Pathol. 2017 Jan 5. doi: 10.1002/path.4874. [Epub ahead of print]
Combined miRNA profiling and proteomics demonstrates that different miRNAs target a common set of proteins to promote colorectal cancer metastasis.
Torres S, Garcia-Palmero I, Bartolomé RA et al